
Sorry there are so many pictures of Palmyra! There were just so many cool church history sites to see! This is where the first Book of Mormons were printed, not the same printing press, that is in Salt Lake, but the same building it was done in.

We hiked up to the Hill Cummorah. This is three miles from Joseph Smith's house! Can you imagine running that far with the plates? Plus it's on a big old hill. I think the spot where he got them is about where the memorial is. I read about the spot and he described it being on the west side of the top of the hill...interesting huh?

This is the Smith family log home where about nine children were living in. Can you imagine being that crowded? I know the Miller family has done it before! It was such a tiny house though, the house the had for a few years later was so much nicer and bigger. So sad that after only a few years there, they were forced back into this place, but cool things happened here.

Here is a picture of the Sacred Grove. It really is a sacred, beautiful place. I would have to say that this was one of the very coolest of our experiences here, just because there is so much sacred history behind it all. Yet, also distracting, there are all sorts of scary noises within it, you know, the kind of noises that are so quiet but enough so you hear it and can't distinguish what it is. But, I knew we were safe in there. ;)

The entrance to the Sacred Grove!

We took this picture from the entrance of the Sacred Grove, so when you're in the temple, you can see the grove!

Oh I just love him!

This is the upstairs room of the log home that the Smiths lived in. The room that Moroni appeared before Joseph three times! Although that famous photo of that occurrence is inaccurate because Joseph was shown alone in his bed, but really he was sharing with his brothers. But it's a cool picture anyway!

This is the entry way, well really the only room on the main floor of the log home, there is a guest bedroom to the side, but yeah this is it.

The Palmyra temple was gorgeous! My husband is so good at taking pictures!

Here's Ry standing in front of it. We didn't have time to do a session, lame.

On our way to the sites, there is a spot in Palmyra where each corner where the streets cross, are a church of different religion on each. That just goes to show how confusing religion was in Joseph's time.
1 comment:
You guys look like you had so much fun! I'm definitely jealous. Your blog doesn't feed anymore, so I didn't realize until last night that you actually had been posting this whole time. We started a new blog. The address is bryanandbritt.blogspot.com
Post a Comment